Wednesday, January 11, 2006

......to me

well tomorrow is my birthday and i have to say i'm quite indifferent to the whole thing. i'll be 31. this isn't my first sober birthday so that's not so much the shock, or lack thereof. i guess due to many things i'm not doing a whole lot in celebration. i miss birthday dinners at the times-in a simpler time that was, maybe it was more complicated and i just don't remember it as such. so no ice skating parties, dinners at the king and i or punk rock keggers thankfully.

i'm heading up north either tonight or tomorrow to spend the day with family and friends. i'm supposed to get a hot stone massage then dinner at a new restaurant on the north shore that sounds amazing-nokomis.

if and when i blow out the candles i'll make the same wish i always do and probably always will...........

6 Comments:

Blogger SparklesMpls said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like you guys are having quite the drama at work these days!

7:43 AM  
Blogger jimg said...

Since it is now thursday...
Happy Birthday!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Beret said...

Wow, 31 already? I'll be 33 next month. Weren't we just kids?

Have a great one...

B

11:37 AM  
Blogger Purple said...

Happy Birthday Buttercup! (Hope it's alright that I call you that, as I really only know you from PDD by that name). I haven't checked your blog in a while, so I'll be spending some time on your B-day back reading. I just wanted to pop in to tell you how I've been doing, since I threw-up some emotions here a couple months back when I first got sober.

I had my three month sober day yesterday. Nothing like your two years, but it feels good to have 1/4 of a year under my belt. I finnally bit the bullet and got a sponsor, and have been going to at least 3 meetings a week.

Say, if your in Duluth and want to hit a meeting, there's a good one tomorrow (Friday) at the YWCA at 12 p.m.. I call it the "cute boy meeting" because there always are at least one or two young hotties.
Yes, I know that should'nt be a concern, but I think eye candy only encourages recovery.

Take care, Purple.

3:29 PM  
Blogger christopher said...

yeah purple!!! that is soooo awesome! i don't think there are enough oooooo's and !!!!!!!!'s to tell you how excited i am for you.

got you meeting notice a bit too late to go, but next time i'm up there, i'll be there too.

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Bruce said...

Hey, Happy Birthday, I had forgotten that you are only a couple of days younger than Nellie!

I just discovered your blog from your link to PDD, it's great to hear that you're doing well. I really miss you at the Creek, saturday nights just aren't the same.

Next time you are in town, be sure to look me up.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home