Wednesday, January 04, 2006

random....

well i wish i could say it felt like the holidays are over for me, but not quite yet. 1 week and 1 day until my birthday and three weeks from today until my 2 year anniversary, which are great. these are followed by valentines day, which i think may be one of may be my least favorite holiday. that's not necessarily true, that's just the bitter gay man in me talking. i have putting off getting my last two gifts in the mail and went out today to get wrapping paper finally. apparently january 3rd (yesterday) was the day to get any and all holiday related items out of the store. guess i missed it. ooops.

so i have been feeling a wee bit "seasonal" lately. not on edge or really, really depressed, just kind of blah. last night i was even thinking/dreaming about the lush, rich, vivid landscape that minneapolis becomes in the warmer months and felt very warm if only for a moment. somebody pointed out to me that the sun hasn't shone here in minneapolis for like 2 weeks or more. i do belive it was the friday before christmas. the sun did bust out today for something like 2 minutes and i thought i was going to lose it went it went away again. at least we are at the point in the year where we are heading back into the light. how many days until spring comes?

4 Comments:

Blogger Beret said...

It's not much better here in New York. But yes, we're heading into the light and at the end of the day I do notice a difference.
~B

3:48 AM  
Anonymous J.A.L. said...

interesting stuff in your blog. i live in duluth and have been thru the same minneapolis-duluth runaround too.

3:32 PM  
Blogger JD_612 said...

Yeppers, lack of sunlight is the pits. S.A.D. is hitting a lot of people this year. I'm still waiting for those cold, crisp, sparkly, sunny winter days I remember from childhood. I miss laying in a snowbank watching the lake-frost sparkle as it was blown around.

8:28 PM  
Blogger michelprehiem7806 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://www.juicyfruiter.blogspot.com

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home