Saturday, November 05, 2005

breaking free from the herd......

i had my last day at the corp. coffee shop today. i wish i could say i was done dealing with ultra-high maintenance suburban uptowners, but no such luck. my new job provides me with plenty of them, but at least they tip more, which makes the workin easier-sort of. i am looking forward to getting into my new schedule of 5 days a week(2 days off every week and in a row!) and stepping up to my new promotion and trying to keep kicking ass and not taking the whining and crying of the customers personal. when i was at the pizza place the mantra was "it's just fuckin' pizza" substitue brunch and you get the idea.

speaking of taking things personally - another blast from my early recovery past popped into my life again today at the big gay coffee shop after work. granted it was over someone else's phone at a different table and the caller was 2,000 miles away but bam! early recovery was such an intense time for me grasping for new friends and seeking fellowship wherever i could. so many people were very integral and important in my life then and it was a hard pill to swallow when they and i would "drift" apart or go different ways. not necessarily relasping either. just doing different things. my closest friend in treatment and i grew apart and the same with people from subsquent housing situations. we are and were momentarily eternal to each other at that time-its just tough when people stop calling, stop showing up and start doing other things and i feel left behind. i know its not one sided and i have grown and changed from that person i was 21+ months ago and thankfully most things never stay the same. i am just thinking of the differences in the "snapshot of my life" then and now. just a thought.

have been making my meetings, making myself available to meet new peeps, running into and hanging out with old pals and still finding time to get some me time into be at the gym or just sitting at home. its cold and rainy oustide right now and i'm loving being home for the night.................

3 Comments:

Blogger Purple said...

Hey Mr. Buttercup,

11:42 AM  
Blogger Purple said...

Opps, I wanted to say more than that but I accidentally published!
Say, I don't know you real well, but I lurk here every now & again; probably more so in the future. This post in particular related to me because I just started rehab this week. It's in an outpatient program in Duluth, and it's all weird and scary doing the " accepting I'm powerless over alcohol" thing. It would be great to talk to another person who has already gone through it. If you feel open to a confused, weepy purple girl emailing you, email me at MFEMFEMF.MFEMFE@gmail.com.

And, in closing, it's great to see you doing so well.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Purple said...

Opps, I wanted to say more than that but I accidentally published!
Say, I don't know you real well, but I lurk here every now & again; probably more so in the future. This post in particular related to me because I just started rehab this week. It's in an outpatient program in Duluth, and it's all weird and scary doing the " accepting I'm powerless over alcohol" thing. It would be great to talk to another person who has already gone through it. If you feel open to a confused, weepy purple girl emailing you, email me.

And, in closing, it's great to see you doing so well.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home