Sunday, May 15, 2005

so cal and so long tejas......

lets see so much has happened in the last however many days since i've posted. i guess i can work backwards....

got to go to an awesome meeting in laguna beach this weekend. miracles happen, which is the o.c. version of minneapolis' minnesober. the church it was at was decked out and beautiful and so many people were so gracious and nice to me, i felt right at home. as luck would have it i talked to a guy who gave me all the info, then called back 10 minutes later and invited me out to dinner with him and two of sponsees. it made going to the convention so much better to have somebody to introduce me and show me around, and most importantly help me get there.

on the meeting fron, i got to go to the meeting in santa ana last tuesday where i picked up my one year chip last february. quite a few people remebered me and they were all sooooo nice i felt like i was at my own home group.

orange county and southern california is so absolutely fuckin gorgeous i can hardly stand it sometimes. it's usually at moments like these when some lady with fake tits and botox from the beyond scowls and i remember that their is a whole element of california that i'm probably missing.

i've really been debating the whole ipod or not thing in my mind for so long, i must have walked into the mac store on autopilot. ohhhhh i want one so bad, and a powerbook too, i need help and counseling to make sure its what i need to get my photo stuff and other things going. i'm pondering quitting smoking to finance it. i would just need to quit for 4 or 5 months to pay for it-uggggghhhh........

i got a membership at a 24 hour fitness place and have been hitting the gym hard. i really miss my y in south minneapolis, the level of customer service at this new gym is basically none existant. i guess they win with a quantity versus quality style arguement, but its only a month and my physical health is that important. as if the way i was being treated wasn't bad enough i lost my somewhat new expen$ive $ungla$$e$ there and really got no help from anybody.

we missed our flight out here due to bad weather in houston, so we got off a day later then planned, but whatever, i still get paid. late arrival also met 1/2 day less on the load in, my least favorite part of this job, and things were humming along and we even finished early inspite of being 5 hours late.

i already miss my sister and neice in texas and hope i'll get back to see them sometime later this year. as far as my next gig goes i know i'll be in seattle on june 10ish but where i go from there is anybodys guess. i'm rallying for more west coast shows, but i may end up on the midwest tour which would take me through minneapolis for a week either previous to or following the 4th of july, but like i said its all up in the air............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home