Friday, October 29, 2004

on the eve of..

it seems i haven't been posting with much regularity, but it's hard to tell if anyone is actually reading this. it's 2 days before halloween and all my feelings seem to be on high alert. traditionally halloween has been a bad time for me. 2 years ago i was being evicted from my apartment in kenwood and moving to duluth and last year i was getting kicked out by yet another friend in duluth and moving it with my mom at 28 years of age. i know things are completely different this year; ie. i'm sober, i'm back in mpls, ect, but it's just been on my mind lately. plus all the craziness that comes with this time of year. even the idea of going to a gay sober party kind of puts me on edge, not to mention all the drinkers and partiers who already seem to have that glint in their eye.....it's just making me a bit crazy. i have decided to not really celebrate this year, i just feel a bit like a stick in the mud. why don't i just get back out there and whatnot. i guess with all this indecision i know i should just steer clear, but it's everywhere.

in other news i'm down to 208 pounds! that's 57 pounds for those of you keeping track at home. it feels fantastic and the thought of getting back on 200 seems like less of a pipe dream.

also i got the serving job i went out for on a whim, i just know what to do about it. i have this feeling that they want me to quit the coffee shop, which doesn't sound so bad, but it would be a leap of faith. what if i can't hack it and i am suddenly without any employment. i guess more will be revealed and i have to play it by ear and really listen for the answers i know are out there singing in the ether....

2 Comments:

Blogger SparklesMpls said...

Congratulations on the job! I guess I'd take it slow. Most serving jobs don't have benefits, either, so stick with the coffee shop at least enough hours to keep those until you've got some time serving under your belt. Take things slow :-)

I'm sorta a stick in the mud about haloween this year, too. I really just want to take the weekend to relax.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

G'day Chris,

Just wanted to let you know that there was is an Aussie on the other side of the world who has been reading.

Bodhi :-)
Sydney, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/bodhi_01au/index.html

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home