Tuesday, July 20, 2004

here comes the sun...

one of the best things about being sober for me, as that i can and do get up early. don't get me wrong, i love to sleep and sleep hard, but without being hung-over getting up @ 6 is sometimes pretty easy. this fact amazes family and friends who are used to me getting up t 1 or 2 in the afternoon.

i got up 2 hours early today and watched the sun come up with a steaming hot cup of a delightful dark roast blend and smoked cigs with the roomies. it was so hot this morning i knew it was going to be unbearable. i tend to wilt in the heat, but will never bitch about because i hate being cold even more.

work was a breeze today and the time just flew by. i feel i'm fairly ready for the big promotion test thursday, but still a bit nervous.

instead of taking a nap or watching tv i biked to the gym. i hit it pretty hard and predict i might be a bit soar tomorrow. i went to my normal tuesday night meeting, which i'm thinking about dropping, and then off to plan b with a few friends. got to catch up with a friend i don't see much anymore but who is always a delight to see. it so weird, we like alot of the same books, bands and movies and boys too, ooops just me, but his questions are always so funny. tonight he wanted to know about my gaydar,

i'm so excited to be home again though. i love my new place and my room mates. they're all such pretty girls and they make living here so much better and safer too. these awesome men always have my back,  even when i don't think i need it sometimes.

as a final southside thought, the new andy roddick "got milk" billboard on lake and lyndale is super hot and makes me awfully thirsty. set, match, love or whatever.

2 Comments:

Blogger SparklesMpls said...

OMG - I totally identify with this post!

I love getting up early, too! It's nice to actually have some time in the morning to sit out on the patio and smoke a cigarette and not have to rush off to work.

I love the guys in your house, too - I'm actually a bit jealous! You guys must have fun there - I imagine it's somewhat like living in a college dorm setting :-)

Keep up the hard work at the gym - I'm sure it's paying off already and it will continue to. It helps you feel better about yourself, so keep it up!

And YES - that Andy Rodick billboard is HOT HOT HOT!

9:29 AM  
Blogger christopher said...

seriously the billboard has magical powers, i bought milk today!

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home